I know the general answer is yes,
But are there any of those DVD burners for just a bit over $125 like I see
for wintel units all the time? Especially one that will work in OS 9 as well
as OS X? (So I could use it on my wallstreet or my G4 tower)

I'm also interested in DVD copying software I see for wintel environment
too. I sure would like to make some spare copies of my Lord of the Rings
Extended versions -- they get played an awful lot, and I hate it when they
get scratched and start skipping and slowing down and such..

Thanks for any advice!

Sid B