Illovox wrote:
I have a 600 with flickering screen.  Pretty sure the ribbon in the hinge is
shot.  How to fix?

A: I have one of those "repair manual" CDs for tons of mac stuff. ----anyway, get access to the manuals for the take apart stuff. But a flickering screen doesn't sound like a ribbon-cable problem, sounds like a problem in that power-thingy by the clutch.

But my manuals don't go up to the modern stuff. There are a couple of places you can download these or buy the CDs but I think its illegal to post them on the list--you can find them.

My experience is that if you have a bunch of small torx and phillips head stuff, the instructions are not so hard to follow--of course the first time is really scary.

I think I recall, maybe, vaguely, that the hard part of the new icebooks and the ti-books is cracking the monitor itself. (not to mention on the Ti-book it takes even teenier torx bits.

Also, sometimes, you can get a complete lid fairly cheap by lurking around ebay.