You might check here:

http://store.yahoo.com/smartdiskstore/lapbatcharan.html

Gary

Paul Nicholson wrote:

On Dec 11, 2003, at 7:05 PM, Paul Stamsen wrote:

Well folks,
We found the torx we needed, the proper pdf to take the WallStreet apart
and put it back together (and I thought the 8500 was hard) and the sound
card arrived.
We're all set and the darn thing still won't stay connected unless we use
a stack of index cards to support the plug from the yo-yo.

So it must be the yo-yo, eh?

Maybe not. The power supply connection comes loose from the circuit board on Wallstreets and may need to be resoldered. It happened to me. Just resolder the connector.

If the YoYo plug is intermittant, you can probably make it act up by wiggling the cable where it connects to the plug ot the YoYo. If it's the WallStreet connection then wiggling the plug relative to the Wallstreet should show it. Try not to wiggle one while you are wiggling the other.

 Anyone have any thoughts besides a new yo-yo?  And are there any
alternatives, since I hear horror stories about them?

If your YoYo's bad just start hacking at it to find the problem. If you have a bad DC cable connection at the YoYo end, split open the YoYo, strip the wire and re-solder it. Slap on a bit of silicone rubber for a strain relief. Glue the YoYo back together with super glue. It's not pristine, but you've got a power supply out of what would have been landfill food.

If it's the plug on the end of the DC cable, shave the plastic molding down with a knife and resolder the wires. Slap it back together with heatshrink tubing and silicone rubber.

Paul