On 12/14/03 9:46 PM, "Harry Corsover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> On Dec 14, 2003, at 5:58 PM, Jim Mekis wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to recognize the difference between the recent
>> Titanium
>> and the Aluminum case Powerbooks?
>> (I understand that Airport works much better in the aluminum case.)
>
> That's the theory, at least. My Airport reception is about the same as
> the TiBook's (and much worse than my clamshell iBook's on the same
> networks). I've got an 802.11g wireless router on the way, and I'm
> going to test it on that before I take it down to an authorized Apple
> repair shop.

It's much more than a theory.  If you look up the side of the display of the
AlBook there are 2 cut-outs that are covered with Plastic where the antennae
are.   My G4 1.33GHz 17" Albook has 2x the airport range of my 667 TiBook
DVI.
--
Kyle H. Hansen

"It's Always darkest... right before it gets totally black."