Some questions, first I have added airport cards, ram, HDs, upgrade cards keyboards to pismos and other computers, so just enough experience to really make a mess, so I ask. As I go through the steamy jungle of DON'T touch that gizmo on your Pismo, thought I would ask for some help, ideas, or whatever

I have a complete lower half of a Pismo less the processor. I have another Pismo that was reported as the MB being dead

1. If I place the processor from the damaged Pismo into the new Pismo, to see if the processor is alive or not, will this, if the processor is bad, damage the mother board of the new Pismo (within reasonable risk parameters-say a moon shot). I have a stick of good ram that I can fit in the processor.

2 Can I run the Pismo without the lap top screen connected and just connect it to an external monitor that I have via the external monitor port. Again just for test purposes. This will probably leave some connector unconnected. Is this with out danger.

3. Will testing the ram from the bad Pismo possibly hurt the new Pismo, not sure if the ram 1 Gig is good or not.

4. Anyone have a good site that describes removing and adding a screen to the Pismo, I have some photos but not real descriptive. I will have to remove the old screen from the defective Pismo and put it on the new lower half. This does not require replacing the plastics around the screen, just unhooking the cable, getting at the hinges and removing the old and adding it to the new, Now if I knew how to do that.

Got the cd. from Powerbook medic, while the pictures are OK, larger would have been better. I found the instructions on disassembly and re assembly a little lacking for let's say-me a person who may get a bead of sweat when they open the book..but has the complete instructions at hand. Just in case anyone was thinking of buying one these,
I have a volt meter have never really used one, but open to ideas, as long as at least the plastics will live.

Well thanks for any help.
Geoff