Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:28:19 -0900
From: Geoffrey Loeffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Pismo Experiment

Some questions, first I have added airport cards, ram,  HDs, upgrade
cards keyboards to pismos and other computers, so just enough
experience to really make a mess, so I ask. As I go through the
steamy jungle of DON'T touch that gizmo on your Pismo, thought I
would ask for some help, ideas, or whatever

I have a complete lower half of a Pismo less the processor. I have
another Pismo that was reported as the MB being dead

[snip]
4. Anyone have a good site that describes removing and adding a
screen to the Pismo, I have some photos but not real descriptive. I
will have to remove the old screen from the defective Pismo and put
it on the new lower half. This does not require replacing the
plastics around the screen, just unhooking the cable, getting at the
hinges and removing the old and adding it to the new, Now if I knew
how to do that.

[snip]
Well thanks for any help.
Geoff

The hardest part is taking out the cover at the back of the keyboard (has the power button and sleep light). I use a large paper clip, straightened out but with a little L-shaped hook on the end. You have to pull the plastic towards the trackpad on each side. The clip is just to the right of the power button and about the same place on the left side. It takes a pretty good pull to knock it loose. After that, unplug the inverter and mainboard connections, remove the four torx #8 screws inside the back cover, and lift the screen assy out.

---
JSH
TiBook