"David George Hogg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:
>       Just a question about a clamshell ibooks HDD. I am looking to
>upgrade the pitifully small 3.2GB hdd to a 20GB, could somebody tell me
>the type of drive I would need.
>David.
>PS Also, is there a way to bypass the 320mb memory limit?
Well worth the effort for those who love thier iBooks, not difficult to
do but slow methodical work will be rewarded with a successful HD
transplant. I upgraded my clamshell's HD to a 20GB (iBooks all limited to
9.5mm max height BTW), as well as the CD to a CD-RW. The expansion RAM is
limited to 512mb sodimms, not 256mb as per Apple's specs, but you must
get a sodimm specced for the iBook as some chip densities and layouts
aren't compatible.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700