On Jan 1, 2004, at 1:03 PM, Andrew, a Mac Freak wrote:

On 12/31/03 4:35 AM, "Peter Johnsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From what I have read, the iBook and the PowerBook 12" are almost the
same; they both use the same LCD screen, have basically the same bus and
processor speed (that is, if you are talking about the G4 iBook), and, I
believe, they have the same monitor output.

This is not entirely accurate. I had a 600mHz iBook G3, a 12" 867mHz PBG4 and now a 1gHz 12" PBG4. The iBook G3 and G4 and the original 12" PBG4 only supported VGA output through a mini-VGA port and an adapter. The new 12" PBG4 has a mini-DVI port and supports external digital displays with much higher resolutions than 1024x768.

The new 1gHz 12" Powerbook is significantly faster than the last generation 867. That said, the new iBook G4 is probably about the same speed as the last generation 12" Powerbook.

Just my $0.02.