I guess you read my update on this ...I rebooted in Os9 and then restarted in OSX and the problem vanished. Restarting didn't do the trick.

I had the same Faxstf problem with OS10.1
I got round it somehow, but not with the modem centre. I remember re-installing fax stf at some point before it worked.

Of course, you know we do not have the answers yet. I shall post on the same topic if I have any new information.