> I was thinking about getting a 256 and using it with my 128 for a total
> of 384.  Think that would be enough?

> And I'm sure this problem has been discussed before, but I have
> heard often that any more than 256 megs of RAM in a Lombard causes
> problems with OS X.
> Should this still be a concern, or has it been fixed by 10.3.2?

That's exactly the configuration I have upgraded my Lombard 333 to (from
192 MB), getting a low profile 256 MB for the bottom slot from OWC
when installing OS X.2.3 (now upped to X.2.8). Install was successful, but not
at the first shot. I got twice the funky screen patterns, once more it
just stalled. Once succeeding however (fourth try), I could re-install a
few more times flawlessly. A mistery to me.

For the record, I was not able to even initiate the install process the
stock4 GB HD, but I succeeded by upgrading to a 40 GB 5200rpm Travelstar.
I recall mentions of opposite experiences on this list.

It runs fine (and by far more stable) under OS X, but not half as fast as
under OS 9.2.2, specially when using many apps at a time as I do. Special
concerns (in my case) are very slow Finder actions, terribly long apps
launching time, slow window scrolling and Mail annoyingly long deadtimes
(even when it is the only application running). Plus, I lost use of the
internal modem under OS X. Word processing is fine, forget image and sound
editing/processing, way faster under OS 9. Perhaps 512 MB of RAM would
improve on all of the above.
On the bright side (and most importantly), software installations and
configurations, peripheral support, external hardware compatibilyty and
so on are vastly improved. Having heard repeatedly that Panther is
faster, you'll be better off than me. I'll give it a shot myself.
Perhaps I'll re-gain the modem as well.

Hope this helps. Cheers, gianfranco