Direct from Apple's website:

Who is eligible to purchase?
K-12 Education
Any employee of a K-12 institution in the United States is eligible to
purchase through the Apple Store for Education Individuals. School board
members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are
eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed
officers are eligible. Qualified homeschools are also eligible.

david