> My present home-system is ADSL > ethernet modem >
> Vigor 2200E router
> and one Flatpanel 800 Mhz iMac, 1 GB SDRam, running
> OS X v. 10.3. My
> wife has an 400 Mhz SE iMac connected to the same
> router aswell as a
> spritly SE/30 with OS 7.5 and 128 MB, to play with.
>
> We decided to acquire an iSight to communicate with
> my son in Needham,
> USA who has a G 4 iBook, 14", 933 Mhz, 640 SO-DIMM
> also running OS X v.
> 10.3.
>
> As the 400 Mhz iMac is too slow for iSight I decided
> to give my
> Flatpanel iMac to my wife and get a 17" Powerbook
> for myself. To make
> the powerbook free from cables I intend to install
> an Airport base
> station without modem connected to one free portal
> of my router. The
> laptop can than be moved around in the house and in
> the garden aswell,
> weather permitting.
>
> Would this setup have your approval or have I
> forgotten some or more
> things?

That is exactly the set-up I use, only your machines
are newer.  My son, daughter, and I use G4-ed PM 7500s
and a G3-ed Performa connected to the internet via
DSL>modem>router and just installed an airport (an
older one, naturally ;-) ) to link my son's Pismo  and
my 1400 wirelessly to the proceedings.

It should be a simple matter.  Connect the Airport via
ethernet to the router and (presuming you have an
airport card installed in you PBook) follow the
Airport Setup instructions.  We had a bit of
difficulty only because we had selected to connect
"via PPPoe" to the router, and we needed to select
"via Ethernet" as the PPPoe protocol is apparently
taken care of by the router.

Once it's set up, and unless Apple has somehow changed
this, any laptop/wireless card combination that
complies with 802.11b standards should be able to use
it to connect.

Best Regards,
David Thrower