I have used several Canon cameras including the Digital Rebel with my Mac computers including Panther. The camera comes with software for the Mac but really it is much easier to use a card reader and iPhoto or similar program. By the way the Digital Rebel is a great camera. I have the 18-55mm lens and 55-200mm lens.
Ralph