Is it still possible to run a software base station on a Mac with an AirPort
Card?  I remember this being possible when airport first came out under OS
9...

I do not have AirPort yet, but am interested in getting it.  I have a Pismo
and a G4 (MDD), both running 10.3.2 as the main OS but also have 9.2 / 9.1.
Instead of buying one base station and two cards, is it possible to buy just
the two cards and run the G4 as the base station through software?  Apple
used to have some directions on their site about doing so, but now with the
switch over to Extreme, I do not see any specs on the Apple site.

Thanks,

Taylor