on 05/02/04 21:22, Jalmari Raippalinna at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just bought (not paid yet) for testing a used G3/400 Pismo which is known
> to have a faulty battery (usetime max 30min) for about 250USD.
>
> Anyways, even without battery connected, if PB is shaked a bit back and
> forth, screen may go black and does not seem to recover no matter what,
> system seems to stay up anyways though.. Any ideas where this glitch might
> be, as this PB is such cheap that if i figure out the bad connection its
> going to be worth the work.

If it still seems to stay up when the screen is going black, that could be a
punctured or torn video cable. Could maybe be the processor daughterboard.
Try to reseat it if you can. if not, then it might be the video cable but
without opening it, it will be hard to diagnose...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"