At 4:48 PM +1100 2/8/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The space bar tab, and delete keys have stopped working. No response when
those keys are used. The other keys work fine. But without these 3 vital
keys I'm stuck using an external USB keyboard.

Wondering if there's any hope of repairing it - or should I just go ahead
and look for a spare keyboard ?

Any advice about hidden probs of trying to install a new keyboard? (Not
much info on that on the net so far..).

I miss  the feel the "bronze" keyboard and hope to keep on using till its
totally obselete..

Those keys are physically separate on the keyboard so I'm thinking that it may not be a hardware problem but software. Did the keys all stop working at once or did one stop working, then another and then the last one with a period of time between failures? Try booting with extensions off or from a different system disk.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA