Clark, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I take it you are using OS 9.  In most cases you won't see any change
>unless you increase the memory allocation for each application.
>Click on the application in Finder, goto the File Menu, select Get
>Info then select Memory.  The bottom number, the Preferred memory
>allocation determines how much memory the program normally uses.  As
>a general rule try doubling it for your major applications.
>--

I had great success and stability using RAMdoubler 9 with doubling set to
off (!) and instead making use of its capability to manage the RAM for
me. Then I set all my major apps to up to three times the recommended
amount, which they don't use unless they ask for it. If they do
RAMdoubler wil give it to them. My G3s was much faster and more stable
with RD9. Now I use OS X only.