on 17/02/04 23:46, Stan Michael at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On my Pismo I have both Appleworks 6 and Office v.X
>
> Problem: I usually use Appleworks for the documents I create. (Old
> habits die hard...)  When I click on a file (which sports an AppleWorks
> icon) it opens up in Word.  The only way I am able to work around it is
> to open the document up in Appleworks, but hey, I just want to click
> and go.
>
> Is there any way I can get Word to stop trying to be my default?

In the Finder, click the file once. Select "Get Info" from the "File" menu.
In the window that opens, click the "Open with" tab. In the popup menu,
select "AppleWorks". If "AppleWorks" doesn't appear, select "Other..." from
the same popup and navigate until you find the "AppleWorks" application.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.