On Friday, February 20, 2004, at 05:45 PM, Michael Shaw wrote:

Very simple I'm sure but I have never had to do this....

All of my previous experience with burning CDs using Macs has involved VST or LaCie USB external burners using Toast.

I just got a G4 iBook which has a CD burner / DVD player installed in it.

Can someone point me towards a simple procedure or write-up about how to copy CDs using a Mac like this one with an internal CD writer and Panzer.

To copy a CD: (note this is from memory, because my Panther system is at work I've got Jag at home)

        Insert the CD
        Start Disk Utility.
        Select the CD Volume you want to copy.
        Select File > New > Image from device
        Let it go do it's thing.
        Kick out CD.
        Select File > Burn >From Image, select the image and burn,

Burning from the Finder is easier:

        Stick in blank CD
        Drag content to disk
        Drag disk to Trash, which turns into a Radiation symbol.

Done.

--
"Wherever you go, there you are." - B. Banzai, Ph.D.
Bruce Johnson