The Airport card (old) in my Pismo had been acting up, failing to make its presence known, 8 times out of 10 restarts. I'm not sure if its a faulty card or a faulty internal physical connection. So I replaced it with a Linksys 802.11g PCMCIA card. A bit expensive here in the UK at c £70 but I could have bought another Airport card and it might still have not worked. Panther and Airport seem to recognise the Linksys card without any other software (Linksys doesn't provide anything for Mac...) Best wishes Tony C