On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:15:46AM -0500, Brian Braunschweiger wrote:
:
: I just got a new-to-me Pismo and have some introductory questions. I
: have been using a 3400 for the last couple years and a 520c before
: that.
:
: QUESTION 1:
: It came with a yo-yo power adapter but the plug that connects it to
: the Pismo seems to go with difficulty, like it is a tight fit. Is
: this normal and is there anything about this I should worry about or
: be especially careful of?

This is normal in my experience.  Just remember that because it's so
tight, be a bit careful when forcing it into any female connector.

: QUESTION 2:
: Putting CDS or DVDs into the DVD module also seems to be a tight fit
: over the spindle. What about that?

Dunno, although I lean towards the attitude "I wouldn't worry about it".

: QUESTION 3:
: The DVD tray, when fully extended, seems to be a bit flimsy,
: especially if I am applying pressure to get a CD or DVD over the
: spindle (see question 2). Normal? Precautions?

That's the nature of notebook-sized tray units.  They *are* flimsy.
If you are really concerned about them bending too much to the point of
no return, you can try to support the tray by putting something under
the tray door to prevent it from flexing as you insert a disc.

: QUESTION 4:
: There don't seem to be any feet on the bottom of the Pismo. Should there be?

Yes, there should.  Buying replacements isn't too expensive.  Here's a
listing from OWC:

        http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=5668&Item=CENCYCGAG3

--
Eugene Lee