on 04/04/04 21:09, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>> Yup, finally installed Panther on both the G-4 powerbook and the Pismo.
>>> Flawless, swift, excellent.
>>>
>>> For iChat AV to work, does it require certain hardware?  On the Pismo, it
>>> said I didn't have the right gear.  I need more than firewire?
>>
>> No, you would actually need more speed. iChat AV requires a G3 processor of
>> at least 600MHz. I'm using the shareware iChatUSBCam from Ecamm Network at
>> Ecamm.com to remove this limitation.
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
>> From: "Nikon's World" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> I believe that you need at least a 600MHz G3 to use video chat.
>
> Hi Laurent, Nikon,
>
> That's for the heads up.  Is there another hack aside from iChatUSBCam
> wherein I can go in and simply edit the install or load requirement using a
> text editor?  I have investigated the plist file and other files and can't
> find the check code.  I've also googled and most hacks refer to iChatUSBCam.
> Want something more root I can perform myself...
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry, no other idea...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fiber-seeking backhoe: [common among backbone ISP personnel] Any of a genus
of large, disruptive machines which routinely cut critical backbone links,
creating Internet outages and packet over air problems.