In my understanding the only real difference between the G3 and G4 is the whole "velocity engine"....ie the latest OSX programs like Photoshop will take advantage of that but that most average applications probably won't justify the expense....then again if the expense isn't a major issue...well....it's always fun to tinker.

ed j