Beniamino, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I recently moved to a 15" aluminum, but I am still using at time the
>Wallstreet w/Bluechip 500 Mhz.
>
>I was wondering to replace the Bluechip with a Sonnet G4. Has anybody
>a direct experience? Is there a noticeable speed gain?

The G4 will generally give you faster graphics because all Aqua graphics
is processed by the CPU as opposed to the video card in newer Mac models
and a G4 will do that faster, in most cases much faster. Also some apps
that benefit from the G4s faster processing of graphic related
mathematics will run faster. In some cases that may mean the difference
between usable and not usable. Graphically related mathematics is used in
more apps that we first think of, like in a web browser or document
creation with graphics or especially with apps like Audio or DivX and
SVCD video. I know this firsthand as I had a Wallstreet with 500Mhz G4 in
my hands for repair during some weeks a while ago. Expect a more
responsive machine, but at the same time don't expect big wonders. And
study carefully if the apps you often use will take advantage of the G4.

Have you maxed the RAM to 512 MB? This is equally important.