The Apple Service manual says first reset the power
manager.
For the 13.3 screen, start with the display cable.
If you have a 14 inch screen, start with the inverter
cable, then the power cable, the inverter board
(replace), replace the display, i/o logic.
I just bought a replacement screen on eBay. Mine is
dim and a replacement of the backlight seems
problematic One user did it but dust got into the
screen and it's pretty bad.
Does anyone know if the 14 inch backlight is
soldered-in or just clips in?
George