on 4/18/04 12:30 PM, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Personal experience and some clients? How many clients? I'm well aware of
> the iBook problem and I find it hard to believe that our installation of 50
> some iBooks all manufactured on the same day in the same factory would be
> LUCKY to have no failures if the problem is as big as you think.
>
> Look at it another way. Not too far from here an elementary has 30 iBooks
> that are all in the affected serial number range. Last I heard only TWO had
> not been back to Apple at least once. Now compare than to my 50. LUCK? I
> find that much too hard to believe.

Yeah.  Whatever.  Allah...I mean Apple is great.  How long have you had the
books?  How long do you intend to keep them in service? Are they G3 books?
And the affected range is several hundred thousand I believe if you go by
Apple's numbers alone.  That by itself is a pretty big admission of a
production screw up.  You seem to be saying it's sacrilidge that I suggest
they're may actually be a design problem.  Pretty clear that Apple has
already admitted one.  Whether on the MoBo or in the Hinge...  I certainly
enetertain evidence that a chip is/was bad, a mobo is/was bad...  BUT, I
have seen books outside the range suffer the problems, first hand, so what
am I to conclude?  This is a silly argument.  I'm saying if your G3 books
will be in service beyond a year, seriously consider extended warranties.
If you believe otherwise, then so what you will.

Here's a new one:  Just downloaded the Java 1.4.2 update, have already
loaded the 1.4.1 update, all on 10.3.3 on a Pismo 500 w/1 gig ram, and every
time I try and load the Java update it says I must install 1.4.1, which I
have done 3 times now.  Any ideas anyone?