I have a new-to-me Pismo 400 mhz that is replacing a PB 3400. The added battery life is nice on the Pismo but there are still times an auto adapter on a long car trip would be better.

I have a Lind Auto Adapter that works fine on my 3400. The part that plugs into the PowerBook seems to fit the Pismo, although not nearly as snugly as the yo-yo adapter plug.

I guess the main issue is the output of the Auto Adpater to the PB. It is listed as out put of 24V and 2A (it is hard to read clearly but the yo-yo adapter looks like it is an output of 24V and 1.875A. So I guess it is an issue of the extra 0.125A).

the model is APA-24-SP.

I don't want to fry my Pismo either short term or long term, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Brian --

--
Brian Braunschweiger

"A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps,
snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana
bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a
jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal-- Panama!"
--Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2