On 21/04/04 13:49, "Margaret McCloskey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I want to know if PMUs need to replaced after a time.  I am still
> having video/sleep issues with my WS I.  It will go to sleep
> immediately after it's started the computer's services.  Actually, the
> video is dimmed as it is starting these service and usually when it
> should show the desktop the screen goes blank.  I've tried resetting
> the PRAM and NVRAM.  NVRAM reset in firmware.  PRAM battery's been
> replaced.
> I think Clark has suggested this issue is related to the PMU, something
> flaky in it.  So far nothing I've tried is taking care of this issue.
> I really would like to use this computer, but I need to restart 3-9
> times before I'll finally get to the desktop.  I can't enable sleep
> because  I'll not be able to wake it up.
> Is changing the PMU a possible solution?
>
> J Sanderson

It can certainly be the solution. I did replace it on a previous Wallstreet
I had, although the symptoms were that the Wallstreet was not recharging the
battery anymore. The PMU controls a whole lot more than just recharging the
battery, though...

-Laurent.