On 22/04/04 14:02, "Dean Reichert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a Pismo 500Mhz that cant find the startup drive when I do a
> restart, but is fine if I do a complete shutdown.
> Does anyone know if it's possible to re-flash the ROM with the same
> version
> that its already on it, or with an earlier version. The reason I'm
> looking at the ROM
> is that it was flashed before I got the Pismo to version 4.18f5. I have
> tried everything, and I mean everything short of replacing the
> motherboard, and processor and the problem remains. So I'm wondering if
> the boot ROM might be corrupt. By the way, the Pismo
> functions perfectly in every other way.
> Any ideas?

So, you even tried with a different hard disk? From the description of your
problem, it seems like if the drive is not quick enough to come online. When
you restart, it takes too long to be available, while when you do a
shutdown, the system has additional tasks to perform which let the time to
the drive to be ready.

-Laurent.