on 13/05/04 07:52, Mikael Byström at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
>> Just make sure it's compatible with the Wallstreet.  The Wllst is PC-66 RAM,
>> which was all going to be correct for the Wallstreet. Any reseller who
>> doesn't
>> guarantee that isn't worth buying from.
>
> But I'm buying second hand from private users for my WS. I can't afford
> new chips. I have one 256 MB top PC-133 that works fine, even with PC-
> 66 128MB in the other slot. The I got a supposedly 256 MB PC-133, that my
> WS sees as 128, also the same on an older iMac.
>
> So I ask again, how can I communicate the density to the seller? If I
> look at a data page for a module on the web, what do I look for?

Ask them for PC66 chips. You have more chance that it would work, methinks,
but you still have the possibility that only half will be recognized.

Sorry, no further suggestion!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power.
Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer
microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO,
Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display
with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids
through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2.
[IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.