On Thursday, May 13, 2004, at 08:12 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 13/05/04 07:52, Mikael Byström at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

Just make sure it's compatible with the Wallstreet. The Wllst is PC-66 RAM,
which was all going to be correct for the Wallstreet. Any reseller who
doesn't
guarantee that isn't worth buying from.

But I'm buying second hand from private users for my WS. I can't afford
new chips. I have one 256 MB top PC-133 that works fine, even with PC-
66 128MB in the other slot. The I got a supposedly 256 MB PC-133, that my
WS sees as 128, also the same on an older iMac.

So I ask again, how can I communicate the density to the seller? If I
look at a data page for a module on the web, what do I look for?

Ask them for PC66 chips. You have more chance that it would work, methinks,
but you still have the possibility that only half will be recognized.

Sorry, no further suggestion!

-Laurent.
--

I've only been half paying attention to this thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but does the wallstreet have problems with pc100 and 133 or is it the issue of density. The Beige g3s have the same problem. I had a 256mb chip with two memory chips on the memory card and I ran into the half recognize problem. I bought a memory card from owc which had 8 chips on either side of the card and it worked fine. I think it was pc100, although I'm not for sure. And I think the early iMacs (the tray loaders) had the same problem. They take the same chips as the Wallstreets. I just bought a low profile for the lower slot on my iMac and it came with 8 chips on each side of the card. It recognized it no problem. It was pc100.

John Slavin Kirksville, MO [EMAIL PROTECTED]