I've been lurking since I began my PB search months ago and find this list has been an incredible education! I've always been impressed with the feeling of community amongst computer geek and geekettes but this list is great.

At the community radio station where I volunteer we use the full version of DigiDesign ProTools. I haven't had any luck getting ProTools Free to work on my 7500, 9.2.2, G3, 333MHz, ZIF upgrade, 256MB at home. It's truly a Frankenstein machine and I'm tired of playing the upgrade game plus it would be great not to be tied to a desktop hence the PB search.

I thought I was ready to buy a refurbished G4, 1GHz, 25, 40, SuperDrive from Apple for $1199 when I learned that DigiDesign says ProTools Free won't run in Classic. Gotta boot OS9. It's kinda weird to be steered away from the latest/greatest by the de facto standard (and great bargain) of ProTools, but that's the proverbial bottom line. So....

-What is the latest PB to boot in OS9?

-Where can I find a definitive list to decode all the model names? (ie Pismo, Doheny, Lombard, Van Ness, etc.)

-Is anybody out there running ProTools on a PB?

I anxiously await your assiduous acknowledgement with escalated expectation and a priori appreciation,

Al Terego
--

"There are two things that counseling has helped me realize: One is that I have Attention Deficit Disorder and maybe afterwards we could go see a movie." -Ken Kligerman