Hello there ! first time around here !

Not my first time with macs though ...
I got this dead pismo for a loaf of bread and started playing with it ...

No, at first, it would turn on at all .. tried a reset of the pmu .. no go ... opened the case, looked at the RAM top and bottom, took the extra one out, and great ! I got a chime on start up, hard drive spins up (faulty RAM I guess) ... if I press "option", I get access to available boot disks, like the hard drive and CD.

But ... I am stuck at the opening gray screen ... no apple logo, no question mark ...
Last time this happened to me, was with my G3 upgraded 8500, where the G3 card was defective ... could it be the case here with the processor card ? Is there a way to test the card, besides getting another one ? :)

I had a 6100AV, a 8500, a clamshell iBook, now an original G4 PowerbookTi, but I am new to pismos ! so if you could share some of your experiences with that machine, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day !

Jeff