"Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:
>I have just bought a cheap iBook clamshell and among the faults
>is a problem where the power adapter plugs into the iBook. It
>disconnects when one wiggles the plug.
>
>I have heard of this and I believe it can be soldered, but I thought
>it best to ask before opening.

I got my blue clamshell iBook _cheap_ too with the 'xact same problem. I
stripped it down til I got to the powerboard and resoldered the power
connector. Easy soldering job and it's worked like a champ ever since. If
you've taken apart other 'Books you should have no trouble if you can
follow directions and work methodically.

Best to have a take-apart guide if you've never opened one of these
before, there's some tricks IIRC. Either locate a copy of the
mothership's repair doc, or google for others' take-apart pages - they're
out there, just gotta look.

BTW, since I had the whole dang thing apart anyway (to repair the power
connector) . . . I speedbumped it from 300mhz to 400mhz, plus I upgraded
the HD to 20GB (from original 3) _and_ swapped in a Matshita UJDA-330
CD-RW I happened to have laying about. :-)

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700