> From: "Ramon Garcia Icart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: ibook only works with battery
> Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 00:26:00 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> My ibook (snow 500Mhz, dual USB) only works with the battery.
> When plugged to AC adapter, the amber light blinks, but gives no power to
> boot and battery won't charge.
> I've checked the power board and seems to be ok.
>
> Can someone give some idea before replacing the motherboard?

Ramon,

Doesn't sound like a MB failure.  I'd bet that you have a failed AC wall
unit.  The light should not blink but be steady if the charger is working
properly.  Test with known good AC Unit first.  The wire into the connector
is notoriously liable to break.  The little white bricks are the flimsiest,
while the many have problems with the Yo-yo's.  A market has develepoded for
3rd party ac units.  The aftermarket mini-bricks are dynamite and not very
expensive, more rugged, though not as elegant.  I would rather have rugged.

~Run