Hi all - I've just gotten a new iBook (whee!) and its the first time since around '98 that I haven't been desktop-bound. I'm still 80% desktop, 20% mobile, and trying to figure out how to make the work process go well and figure out how to take care of the iBook. Hence a couple of questions:

1) What's a good program or method for keeping the iBook sync'd with the desktop environment. I looked on VersionTracker, and there's a boat-load of programs that seem to be designed for this purpose. Any hints on which one would be a good place to start?

2) I was reading the Getting Started manual (I know, what a dork ;) and saw where it said to "never put anything on the keyboard" because it can mash keys down and mess things up. However, I've had several people tell me to be sure to buy a screen protector or at least stick a piece of plastic between the keyboard and screen to keep the keyboard from scarring the screen. Any thoughts on the best way to handle that?

Thanks,
Steve