On 06/05/04 15:28, "Steven Rogers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) What's a good program or method for keeping the iBook sync'd with
> the desktop environment. I looked on VersionTracker, and there's a
> boat-load of programs that seem to be designed for this purpose. Any
> hints on which one would be a good place to start?

<shameless plug>

Well, I did write the OS X version of File Synchronization. It's easy and
simple to use. I wrote it because I wanted to do exactly the same things
than you do, namely synchronizing some key files from my laptop to my
desktoop and I thought that the offerings were whether too expensive or
cumbersome to use. So, since I'm a programmer, I wrote one! I've got very
good reviews from both VersionTracker and Macupdate. You can try the
application for free for 30 days. That's the only application (at least last
time I checked) that lets you use it without any limitation. All the other
products were limited some how in the number of files or folders you could
synchronize or in the size. Not very useful when you want to compare,
IMNSHO.

Plus, I think it is very reasonably priced at only $12 for a single-user
license (computer-wide license are $24).

Please, let me know at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> if you have any
question.

</shameless plug>

-Laurent.