I forgot to mention that the SQUEEZE referred to shows up in both monitor
output and printouts on the same printers as the desktop output.  The SOLE known
difference is the iBook platform, and even that is a new problem, as the
original setup displayed identical output with the desktops for several months
before going on this strange diet.

As far as I know, when a program uses font substitution, the substitution
shows up with labels and sizes for the SUBSTITUTE font.  These are displaying the
same font labels and sizes as the desktop.  No apparent substitution is going
on.

Richard