I've just tuned in, but I'm not a newbie.  I've been on the A2-list, several
Mac-lists, the G-list, lem-swap, and now G-Books.  I've started another thread
- "sleeping sickness' - but this is a different problem that is showing up on
BOTH IBooks.

I have an iBook/600/2001 (snow, dual USB), and a later iBook/700/2001 (snow,
dual USB).

When I build documents on any of my other Macs (6500, 8600's, 5300 laptop,
etc.), I can shuffle them about freely with no loss of formatting nor distortion
of any kind.  All fonts are equally represented in all of them.  The
AppleWorks version is identical.  All are using OS 9.2.2.

I cannot do this with the iBooks.  Any document built on any other Mac and
transported to an iBook (I use a ZIP100 USB, or an Imation 120 MB SuperDisk USB
- with 1.44 MB floppies) will be improperly formatted when displayed.  All
fonts are equally represented in both of them, same as the desktop Macs.  The
AppleWorks version is identical.  And it doesn't seem to matter whether I boot to
OS 9.2.2 or OS 10.1.  And the later iBook has had a clean install of the
original boot software, before loading the matching fonts, so no joy there.  It
comes out labeled correctly, with all the fonts listed as used correctly, etc.,
but will linespace smaller than stated (about 5/6), and the lines will come
out about 4 letters shorter in apparent length.

Any takers on this thread ?

Richard in deep-south Texas