On Apr 24, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

As soon as I sent the message about must have apps, I also started to wonder about what websites I ought to be reading for my Mac news and information, cool tools, etc.

I've been reading MacWorld for awhile (print version, which my wife found strange since I didn't have a Mac.... so I bought a Mac ;-) other than that I'm relatively clueless when it comes to sites that are good for news, etc.

Slashdot's Apple page (http://slashdot.org/apple) - if you're familiar with Slashdot, then this is the Slashdot community discussing Apple gear only, from the Slashdot perspective.

MacCentral (http://maccentral.macworld.com) - daily news, updated many times a day, of importance to Mac users. I use Alfred to track this site. :)

O'Reilley's MacDevCenter (http://www.macdevcenter.com/mac/) - chock full of technical tips and details for the power user. If you're coming from a Unix/NeXTStep background you'll feel right at home here.

MacOS X Hints (http://www.macosxhints.com/) - got something you need to do but don't know how to do it? Search Rob Griffith's invaluable site to find out. This is where I come for that odd question, like how to format a prompt variable value for the Bash shell.