On 26/04/04 11:43, "Rad Craig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a Wallstreet with 10.2.8 on it.  I have tried and tried to get 10.3
> to install, but it won't.  I have tried XPF .15, .16, and .17, none of which
> have worked.  I was told to try .14, but I haven't been able to find it,
> anyone have a copy?
>
> Anyway, it has been locking up frequently recently, like several times in an
> evening.  I have run disk utility and it finds and fixes some errors, or at
> least it says it does, but when I run it again, they are still there.  I
> have Disk Warrior 3 and when I try to reboot to that CD, the computer locks
> up on me, at the gray Apple screen with the spinning (lines) cursor.
> Doesn't matter if I put the CD in the drive and restart, press c, or select
> that CD from the startup disk utility.
>
> In the startup disk util, I noticed that it said something about "Disk
> Warrior with OS X 10.2.3" or 10.2.5, donšt' remember, I just remember that
> it was a different version than what is on the HD which is why I noticed it.
>
> I have also tried to boot off of this CD on my QuickSilver and it also locks
> up on the reboot.
>
> I really need to get this resolved ASAP.  Do you have any suggestions?

That sounds like a hard disk problem. You shouldn't worry too much about the
slightly different version of OS X that comes with DiskWarrior. They put
whatever was current when they burned the CD, plus they probably did some
testing under that version.

If the CD locks up at the same point on the 2 machines, then it seems as if
the CD was damaged or scratched. Have you been able to boot those 2
Macintosh with that exact CD in the past? Have you try to boot from the OS X
install CD and run DiskUtility from there?

-Laurent.