Hi Folks

On 18/05/2004, at 10:41 PM, malcolm cornelius wrote:

"The original PowerBook G3 Series has the ability to use two expansion
bay devices and run from the AC adapter with no main battery
installed.
Note: The PowerBook G3 (Bronze keyboard)and PowerBook (FireWire) do
not have this capability."

I have been using my Pismo (Firewire 2000) directly from the AC with the
battery removed for about 6 weks now...No problems at all...
Mike K

I think we've done this one now - I still say that Apple were stating that the capability missing from the bronzes is the ability to use two expansion bay devices.

Malcolm

Exactly correct as mentioned by others already. I tend to run with the battery installed,
in case of a power outage (the bane of desktops). I need a new battery (expensive in Oz)
but the old one has about 15-20 minutes of life, which I suppose is enough for it
to act as a UPS in case the power goes off ... a graceful shutdown/sleep is better
in the long run. (Of course I should have a real UPS and a new battery but I move
around a lot and have enough stuff to lug already!). Thinking about going wireless
(Airport or a PC card?) but no real point until I source a cheaper (new/newish) battery.

Adios
Harry.

Powerbook Firewire (Pismo), 400Mhz, 512MB, 40GB, OS X 10.3.3 and OSX 10.2.8 (and MacOS 9.2.2).