My Reply follows quote. On 22/05/2004 22:19 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I'm the guy who loves bluetooth. . .or anything wireless for that
>matter; which is why it's ironic that I've never ventured into the
>Airport world.  I've got an Airport ready Pismo so why not right?
>Well, I never had a need until this point.  I'm online it seems more
>and more these days.  When I'm out on the field, I'm connected to the
>net via my bluetooth cell phone and a USB bluetooth adapter.  When at
>home, I plug my Pismo into my LinkSys router. . .where my PM G4 is also
>connected.  My roommate has an Airport ready clamshell iBook and he's
>thinking of Airport as well.  As it stands now, he and I have to go
>into the "computer room" and plug our beloved laptops to the router for
>net'in it.
>
>So, it's time for Airport.  This is what I want to do:  Connect an
>Aiport base station to my router, and slap in an Airport card into my
>Pismo and one in my roommates iBook.  Will this work?

Don't know why not. That is essentially what I did with a Clamshell,
a Wallstreet, and even a 1400.

>With the
>exception of running Airport Setup Assistant, is this all that needs to
>be done?

Sounds too easy? Well, it should be!

>Should I get an Airport card for the G4 as well?

Seems that would just be an extra expense. The G4 isn't too portable,
and you already have the router.

>I am aware
>that the newer Airport Extreme card won't work with my Pismo or his
>iBook so that's not even a  concern.  Although on the Extreme subject.
>. .I like the printer sharing feature.  Can I use an Extreme base with
>the regular card in my Pismo and take advantage of the printer sharing
>with my Epson Stylus C82?  Or does the Graphite Base Station have the
>printer feature as well?

Don't know about the printer thing. My Graphite can't do that, no port.

>And also, I'm gonna shop on eBay for the
>cards and Base Station. . .what price range should I be looking at for
>these items?  They're not new anymore and should be cheap. . .or at
>least cheaper than when they were "today's technology".  Any input
>would be helpful folks!  Also, I'm with Charter Communications who
>provide my broadband internet service. . .probably should call them
>Monday and see if they are even compatable to this type of connecting.
>. .or is that necessary?  Thanks again everyone for any input,

Don't know about prices. I pulled my Graphite base station from a
Goodwill bin for poundage. I think I have seen them on eBay for $50 or so.
I got an Airport card on eBay for about $50 plus shipping. That was
a while ago, so prices may have dropped.

If you have a modem from Charter and already are running a router, the
Airport should plug right into the router and set you up!

Have fun!

Ken