On May 27, 2004, at 3:55 AM, John A wrote:

On May 27, 2004, at 3:42 AM, Run Vzel wrote:

CCC is not the only solution...you can just drag a 9 set up directly to your disk. Pull the system out of the system folder, drop it back in, you are set. Worked for me.

Subject: Re: Partition with 10.2?

Hi JR,
Your only (?) possible solution is Carbon Copy Cloner.
George

So can I do this on the same partition as my Panther install? I only have my drive set up as a single partition. Are you saying I can put my OS 9 disc in my CD drive and drag the OS 9 system folder onto my Panther disc and then use OS 9 from Panther? Would I then be able to boot into 9, or only use 9 from Panther as Classic?

Well, I just tried this. I put the OS 9.2.2 disc in the drive, then dragged the system folder from the CD to my Panther desktop. Then I went into System Preferences under Classic, and set this folder to be the system folder for Classic. But when I tried to start Classic, the OS 9 start screen came up, and I got an error message, "The system software on the startup disc only functions on the original media, not if copied to another drive." Maybe there is something else I need to do, or I have to put the system folder somewhere else on my drive other than the desktop.

JR