On 5/27/04 9:34 AM, "larry Zasitko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mikeal,
>
> There are screen protectors out there that you can put directly on the
> screen to protect it. I have also seen soft fabric sheets that cover
> the keyboard/trackpad etc and when closed will provide protection for
> the screens.
>
> This problem as far as I know was fixed for the latest PowerBooks

The TiBooks, especially the original model, had such small clearance that
the keys actually left impressions in the LCD that remained even after
cleaning. Later models, it seemed to me, generally left oil but no permanent
impressions.

My new alBook LCD had oil from the Fkey row but no other keys. (This varies
from person to person. My office mate's alBook has oil marks from his return
and shift key but nothing else.) Interestingly, when the tech replaced my
LCD to fix the white spot problem (mine didn't show up until after 5 months
of use) it also solved the oil impression problem. Two months on the second
LCD and I haven't seen the first sign of oil.

david