On 30-May-04, at 12:26 AM, Beniamino Cenci Goga wrote:

My iBook G4 14" had problems at startup (I posted a question on this ML). It went through the Apple dealer and it was fixed by Apple itself.

Now the Book is fine but it does not show anymore the serial number on the Hardware section of System Profile.

Does it show the serial number for you when you go to "About this Mac" and click
on the version number just below the Mac OS X at the top ? If you click a couple of times, you will see the serial number appear.