On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, at 12:58 AM, Bob wrote:

The National Enquirer reports at 8:10 PM -0400 6/1/04, Enzo Pianelli wrote:

This is correct. Plug it in and let it charge for a long time.

Actually this is good advice. I don't know a whole lot about PRAM
batteries. I've never had to replace one. Even in my venerable 7100.

But I've read where they can go "flat" if left for a while with no
power at all. It takes somewhere around 48 hrs to bring it back to
life after that happens.

Your wish may come true yet. :-)

Good Luck,

Bob

Lazarus lives! After a day of being plugged in, my beloved Pismo powered on!!!

Oddly, a battery that I got under AppleCare seems to be fully charged too. (I press the button on it while it's inserted into the bay and all the lights turn green.)

My original battery (I had two) is now sitting in the bay, hopefully recharging. Up on the menu bar is the battery indicator. It's been so long since I've used OS 9...does the little battery next to the time and date mean that the battery is fully charged when it's fully red? When I put my other battery in, it lost the red color and the lightning bolt appeared.

The last thing I did to the Pismo was to put a clean install of OS 9 on it and now I want to load Jaguar.
(I figure unless I can pick up a nice boxed Panther for $35, I might as well wait for Tiger.)

Again, thanks everyone for taking time out to read my plaint and for your comments!

Donald