Hello all
My father has expressed an interest in simplifying his laptop situation and wants to replace a pair of 1400s with a new powerbook.
He is not a disciplined as I would like about keeping his hard drive in order so his data files are scattered over both hard drives.
My suggestion is to take the drives out of the 1400s and mount them in external USB enclosures.
I checked the Low End Mac site and discovered that the 1400 uses a 2.5 inch EIDE drive but it doesn't mention how thick the drives are.
I'm sure they can't be 9.5 mm thick and I'm not sure if they're even 12.5 mm thick.
Does anyone know how thick the OEM drives are?

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?