The National Enquirer reports at 4:08 PM -0700 6/5/04, Ted wrote:

>I asked some questions here about an airport card in an ibook. Well I
>got it to work!
>Where is a good place to find info about how to use it on a Wi-Fi
>network?

If you don't have a manual for it, go here:

Then all you have to do is find a "hot spot" if you don't have a
Wireless Access Point (WAP:) at home or office. If you have an Apple
Store in your area, you can connect to their WiFi network free and
without hassle. If not, then try some place like Starbucks, Barns &
Noble, Borders Bookstore, local airport terminal or major hotel chain
-- but each of these may charge you something like $10/day to use
their network. Or if your community is big enough, check out these
URLs:

<http://www.shmoo.com/gawd/>
<http://www.wifinder.com = wireless access point database>
<http://www.80211hotspots.com/ = wireless hotspot directory>
<http://www.practicallynetworked.com/review.asp?pid=315> (right side
half way down)
<http://www.ezgoal.com/hotspots/wireless/>

You can always Google your "city, St" and "hotspot".

I would also highly recommend MacStumbler (wish I could send you to
fellow list-member Andrew Kershaw's ClassicStumbler, but AFAIK it's
only pre-OS X).

<http://www.macstumbler.com/>

HTH,

Bob