lily, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>does a pismo have enough processing power to do recording in the
>configuration described below?

Yes, but the iMic sucks big time.

Check out this one instead:
Extreme Tech reviews Echo Audio Indigo IO 24bit PCMCIA Sound Card
<http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1325716,00.asp>
It's $180 for Christ sake! For 24bit Audio!
Of course, if you're not an audiophile and not serious about digitizing
your analog music in the best possible reasonably priced way, then it is
of course not for you.

There are of course also a few other USB based solutions at around $100,
that are also much better than the iMic. But I don't remember their names
at the moment.